1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Anniversary Grand Cherokee

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by Badd302, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Dec 3, 2022 at 9:40 AM
    Badd302

Badd302 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Karla
    Vehicle:
    2011 Anniv Edition Grand Cherokee
    Hi Everyone! Im Karla and I live right outside Pittsburgh and I have a 2011 Anniversary Edition Grand Cherokee. This is my 2nd Jeep and I just love it. Havent had much trouble with her as Ive owned her about 5 years now. But I would like to ask some questions as I need a bit of help here. First, my heater/ac fan went out, I took her to the dealership and after 2 days that it took them to figure out what was wrong, turns out to be the TIPM. After research I found that the 2011 had the most problems with their TIPM and it was actually recalled BUT not all Jeeps. for some reason they go by my VIN number to see if I qualified, but of course, mine did not. To date, no one has explained why as its obviously defective. Of course I filed a complaint with the NTHSA or whatever the initials are. Ended up costing me $2,500 when it originally was billed at $3,000. the dealership gave me a break. But many things are different now, settings I mean.

Has anyone had issues with their TIPM? Does anyone know how to get the settings back that were there before they replaced this TIPM? For example, I used to be able to just turn my parking lights on, now i cannot.

thanks to all!

To Top