1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2019 Jeep Cherokee Spark Plug Questions

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Crackils, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Jan 2, 2024 at 11:48 AM
    Crackils

Crackils [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi there, new member here, though I am active on the sister site (Tacomaworld). My wife has a 2019 Jeep Cherokee 3.2L V6 Latitude and I am going to be changing out the spark plugs for the 100k service.

I'm going with the Champion 9407 spark plugs
    https://www.drivparts.com/part-details.html?brand_code=BBKH&part_number=9407&part_name=Spark Plug - Champion Iridium

The 9407's come pre-gaped at .041" and their website suggests that .043" gap is recommended. Everywhere else I look states that this Jeep Cherokee should have a .044" gap.. I can't seem to find an answer to this online. My question is, do I go with .043" or .044"? I know how to change these things, but not really much about the technicalities as to whether .001 makes a difference. Lastly, this has me thinking now, do gaps in spark plugs differ based on the engine or based on the spark plug? eg: could one spark plug be a different gap than another spark plug for the same engine/same vehicle?

e/ I checked the owners manual.. twice.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated, thank you.

thumbnail.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
To Top