1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

85 Jeep CJ 7 Floor panel replacement and then some !

Discussion in 'CJ' started by Griggsmars, Apr 17, 2022.

1. Apr 17, 2022 at 7:26 AM
    Griggsmars

Griggsmars [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    85 Jeep CJ 7
    3-1/2" lift 33" tires Stock straight six 258 motor
    Hello, I am a new member and am looking for any and all advice on my floor replacement project. I have had my jeep forever and have already replaced the front floor panels once about 15 years ago. I bought new front and rear floor replacement panels a couple of years ago but never got to the install project. So now I have started the project and realize after cutting away much damaged metal that I have a pretty big project on my hands. I then ordered body mount bushings, a full width traverse floor support and both outboard rail floor supports. In hindsight, I would have ordered the entire floor replacement panel, but to late for that now.(or is it?) I have a welder and decent fabricating experience, so I am not intimidated by the work. I bought the traverse support from BSP and on their website speak of replacing the whole support. My question is- has anyone every replaced this support? It looks like cutting away a bunch of tack welds and a lot of effort. I have not been able to find anything like this on youtube, so before I get started- any thoughts? Happy Easter, Griggsmars

To Top