1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

95 xj sport no spark

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Johndrown0316, May 31, 2021.

1. May 31, 2021 at 2:21 PM
    Johndrown0316

Johndrown0316 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    95 jeep cherokee sport 4 door
    95 cherokee sport 4 door 4wd. I had some issues with this jeep dying on my recently. I just bought it 2000 miles ago. The first time it died I was pulling into my drive way in 1st gear as I have a rough driveway. When i came to a stop to talk to the wife it just shut off like I switched the ignition coil. It started doing it more frequently at random times and conditions. It finally quit for the last time a couple days ago and i realized i wasnt getting spark. I replaced the distributor, spark plugs, ignition coil, crankshaft position sensor and i went ahead and changed the fuel filter and fuel pump relay because I couldnt hear my fuel pump. Ive got fuel pressure but still no spark. I even cleaned up the grounds and put new terminals on the battery. Motor will crank forever but will not run. Check engine light doeant even light up when i switch the key to the on position so im thinking they could be related. Im no mechanic but ive got common sense. Thats gotten me this far but now I NEED help!!!

To Top