1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alternator for 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by samthesnake, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Nov 16, 2022 at 11:42 AM
    samthesnake

samthesnake [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
    Has anyone else had issues with the alternator failing? Mine just failed and I see a recall for 2012 Grand Cherokees but they're saying that my VIN wasn't flagged. I filed a complaint with the NHTSA and I'm hoping to find others with the same issue to also file complaints.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. Nov 16, 2022 at 1:53 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    There might be a long wait before anything happens with the complaint letter so plan on a replacement alternator. IMO rebuilt alternator quality could be hit or miss, OEM cost more and depending on how long you plan to keep the Jeep could be a factor to go OEM.

LYFZGOOD likes this.
  3. Nov 17, 2022 at 7:02 AM
    Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2011 & 2013 JKU Rubicon
    2011 Mago Tango JKU Rubicon - 3.25" Rough Country suspension lift. 35x12.5" Toyo Open Country on 18x9" Rockstar wheels. Vijay front and rear bumpers. Smittybilt 9500lb winch. Poison Spyder Brawler rock sliders. Smittybilt spare tire carrier. Off-road lighting. Voswitch accessory switch system. 10" Android/CarPlay touch screen headunit with Rayoo backup camera. 2013 Crush JKU Rubicon - 5" Rough Country suspension lift. 35x12.5" Toyo Open Country on 18x9" Rockstar II wheels. Vijay front and rear bumpers. Smittybilt 10,000lb winch with bluetooth remote. Poison Spyder Brawler rock sliders. Smittybilt spare tire carrier. Off-road lighting. Voswitch accessory switch system. 10" Android/CarPlay touch screen headunit with Rayoo backup camera. Bullydog GT Platinum.
    Average lifespan for an alternator is about 7 years. And you're upset because yours failed after 10? Just go buy a replacement and get on with your life.

aggrex and LYFZGOOD like this.
To Top