1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto Stop / Start Function

Discussion in 'Gladiator (2020+)' started by respolt, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Jun 9, 2021 at 8:38 AM
    respolt

respolt [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2020 Gladiator
    Several weeks ago, my 2020 Gladiator popped up a warning light in the instrument panel saying the Auto Start/Stop system was not working. The service desk looked into it and declared I needed a software update, which they installed. The truck was returned as "Fixed", but the light immediately returned when I started it to leave the dealership. It has been 3 weeks, and they say they still have no clue why the system is not working. Anyone else having this problem?

2. Jun 14, 2021 at 9:21 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2

Yes, it is usually associated with the P0300 DTC.

There are many different approaches dealerships are using to fix the problem. However, there is no universal fix. Some people have had camshafts replaced, some have had coils and plugs replaced, some have had 02 sensors and afr sensors replaced and a few have had engine replacements.

It all reminds me of the early 2000’s Toyota pre catalytic converters failures.

I, personally, have been experiencing a low oil pressure related issue. I’ve been to the dealership 4 times now with no solution. They tell me they can’t replicate the scenario. I just used a GoPro and recorded it for them. My next dealer visit they will get the video file along with an action report from Jeep Wave. It’s beyond frustrating.

To Top