1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bazooka tube & Kicker Replacement Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TimPanik, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Apr 11, 2017 at 9:44 AM
    TimPanik

TimPanik [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TIMOTHY
    Vehicle:
    2015 JEEP WRANGLER SPORT
    Jeepsters.
    I'm looking for some intel.
    I would like to upgrade the speakers in my sound bar & add an 8" active Bazooka tube.
    Here's my stupid question:
    Do I need an amp for the Kicker sound bar upgrade speakers. Pretty sure they will still break up using the factory radio amplitude, right?
    Further, Can I get my hands on the Kicker subwoofer processor with out paying the 1k+ that the kicker sub system costs?

Am I off base?
    I'd like to get the Kicker Sound bar speakers and the Kicker processor that corrects the factory sound processing so I can use my Bazooka tube to it's bestest. OR can someone give me a good affordable aftermarket processor that sorts out the factory settings?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  2. Apr 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    There is really no clear place to start here without knowing what you really want to do. There is so much theory behind building a good sounding stereo system that one would have to write a book to explain it. Have you ever heard a bazooka tube and similar products. My opinion is that they are lacking. Listen to one in a car like setup before you purchase. If you are trying to keep your factory radio to save money or because you don't want to change the look, I suggest something like this and get you a 5 channel amp to run your whole system from the processor.

This little guy will run a pretty good sound system on a budget: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_530PN5640D/Soundstream-Picasso-Nano-PN5-640D.html?tp=35808 I have always liked soundstream amps. Surprising good sound especially the older amps that were made in America.

This processor: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC6IB/AudioControl-LC6i-Black.html?tp=70736

And the sub enclosure: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_663STEALTH/Select-Increments-Stealth-Pod.html?tp=61653

Just add speakers and you have a total sound system for under $900 give or take.

If you want to go louder, you have to spend more money. Me personally I like to go minimum 75 watts RMS and truelly 100 watts RMS, but few people like their music as loud as I do. Probably why at 44 years old I'm losing my hearing.

New speakers will be a great improvement over factory, but you will still not get the volume to hear clearly over the wind noise with the top down, and doors off at 70mph. You don't need an amp for the kicker speakers, but would definitely sound better with one.

chris4x4 and TimPanik[OP] like this.
  3. Apr 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome aboard!

TimPanik[OP] likes this.
  4. Apr 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM
    TimPanik

TimPanik [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name: