1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bussman Auxiliary Power Panel

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Rogue26, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Sep 8, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Yes...I have 2 separate toggles. And yes. I like Chris4x4 set up. All on the A Pillar. Right now. I have them on the dash speaker panels. No issue moving them. Lol. Issue I'm concerned with is moving from positive and switch connects to your panel. I'm sure I'm not conveying my issues with this to your knowledge of this panel. See.....my electrical knowledge. ...sucks. lolll.

chris4x4 likes this.
  2. Sep 8, 2017 at 9:57 PM
    Rogue26

Rogue26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2013 JKU
    Front/Rear bumpers, 10k Smittybilt Winch, Bussman Auxiliary Power Panel, Joying Android Stereo, Cibie H4 Headlight Upgrade, 50” Lightbar. Planning: 2.5” TeraflexLift, 35” KO2’s, Regear from 3.21 to 4.56’s
    The wiring is very basic and something that we could work through very easily. You would essentially do away with all of what you currently have. Your case you would only hook up three wires from the Bussman (2 switched relay wires, 1 constant hot) to your existing switches. Then you would take the positive wires from your lights and connect them to the corresponding wires at the relay. The rest of the harness that came with your existing accessories which I am guessing is a fuse with relay possibly will come out.

If your toggles have a light to indicate if they are on then you need to maintain a negative connection. You also need to maintain the negative connection at the accessories. I usually try to do that as close to the accessory as possible.

One thing that is really nice is to get all five switches installed and then when adding accessories it is truly a single wire at the panel and the negative at the accessory and your done. Not to tough to add switches down the road just not as convenient.

JKBob 25[QUOTED], aggrex and chris4x4 like this.
  3. Sep 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM
    Rogue26

Rogue26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2013 JKU
    Front/Rear bumpers, 10k Smittybilt Winch, Bussman Auxiliary Power Panel, Joying Android Stereo, Cibie H4 Headlight Upgrade, 50” Lightbar. Planning: 2.5” TeraflexLift, 35” KO2’s, Regear from 3.21 to 4.56’s
    Something like this also helps to keep the install looking clean and affordable.
    24454E26-2136-4A66-B43F-4B40BF7F5BB4.jpg

It is very similar to what I did in mind with basic rockers at about 1/4 the price of buying the rockers with custom labels.

I like the look of the custom labels but have been leaning more towards installing new round switches above the speaker. The really nice pet about it is that the install in that location is really easy and switches run about 10.00 so for less than 200.00 you can have a really nice package that is pretty easy to install. I have really kicked around the idea of putting something together that included the switches with quick disconnects so it was all plug and play but Jeeper’s are so specific with switch types, labels, colors that I would have to stock 100’s of different switches

aggrex, JKBob 25 and chris4x4 like this.
To Top