1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clanking Sound

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by koneal1985, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Mar 9, 2017 at 9:10 PM
    koneal1985

koneal1985 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Vehicle:
    Wrangler Sahara unlimited 2011 Red
    None
    I had recently purchased my very first Jeep Wrangler Sahara. It's a 2011 and looks amazing! Only thing though is that I've been hearing a swinging clanking sound when I drive on uneven pavement or even minor/small bumps. I took it into a jeep/dodge service and they took a look at it but couldn't even make the sound happen. They made sure all of the bolts and what not were tightly fastened, then said there was nothing they could do until it got worse! I don't know what to do because it happens daily on any uneven pavement/lil bumps. Someone please help before I go crazy with this sound!

2. Apr 8, 2017 at 11:23 AM
    K6puppy

K6puppy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Arizonia
    Vehicle:
    2014 Jeep wrangler unlimited wellys wheeler Black
    xrc front bumper 12000 pound badlands winch 6 pod lights fender flares kc headlight 285/70/17 tires 2 inch leveling kit bushwhacker air snorkel k/N intake rough country duuel steering stabilizer kit
    noises are hard I can give you a few things to check with out being able to here it let is noise sound like a tire going flat or metal hit metal front or rear let me know and I will try to help

3. Apr 8, 2017 at 12:26 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Any update on the swinging clanking noise over bumps? Heat shields on the exhaust systems tend to start rattling at about that age once any loose/worn suspension parts are ruled out.

4. May 3, 2017 at 8:34 AM
    Skyrat

Skyrat Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 JKU Sahara, 2009 X
    Check your tailgate. My stock hinges are worn out and I just ordered a replacement upgrade. Dakron Performance. if you open your tailgate and gently lift it up and down you may find some slop or play. Hinges are worn and will just clank like crazy over rough terrain....like the streets down town where I live! Pothole central.

Products Discussed in

To Top