1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash bubbling

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by Qball, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Oct 3, 2022 at 3:32 PM
    Qball

Qball [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo
    None
    my jeep has 25k miles and the dash is bubbling up. The glue jeep used is defective and jeep won’t stand by their product and repair it. Jeep should be embarrassed about this. I suggest everyone thinking about buying a jeep think again. Other brands have better warranties and will stand behind their products. This is absolutely jeeps fault in manufacturing. There are many posts online with owners reporting the same problem and jeep does nothing about it. Shame on jeep

2. Oct 4, 2022 at 8:40 AM
    Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2011 & 2013 JKU Rubicon
    2011 Mago Tango JKU Rubicon - 3.25" Rough Country suspension lift. 35x12.5" Toyo Open Country on 18x9" Rockstar wheels. Vijay front and rear bumpers. Smittybilt 9500lb winch. Poison Spyder Brawler rock sliders. Smittybilt spare tire carrier. Off-road lighting. Voswitch accessory switch system. 10" Android/CarPlay touch screen headunit with Rayoo backup camera. 2013 Crush JKU Rubicon - 5" Rough Country suspension lift. 35x12.5" Toyo Open Country on 18x9" Rockstar II wheels. Vijay front and rear bumpers. Smittybilt 10,000lb winch with bluetooth remote. Poison Spyder Brawler rock sliders. Smittybilt spare tire carrier. Off-road lighting. Voswitch accessory switch system. 10" Android/CarPlay touch screen headunit with Rayoo backup camera. Bullydog GT Platinum.
    Well that sucks. What year and model Jeep?

There are service bulletins out about this issue, indicating that they will repair the dash. But these are from years ago. I think there might reasonably be a limit to how long after manufacture they will perform this repair.

I am not sure a corporation has emotions...

We have. We've owned five Jeeps. And although we have no plans to trade either of the Wranglers we currently own, I certainly wouldn't hesitate.

Every manufacturer has occasional problems. And every one also has the occasional Karen, who thinks they should fix everything forever.

LYFZGOOD, aggrex and JKBob 25 like this.
  3. Oct 4, 2022 at 1:20 PM
    Qball

Qball [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo
    None
    2018 grand Cherokee Laredo silver edition
    I have owned many jeeps and they all have been great. The reason I am upset with jeep is because this is a known defect and they aren’t trying to correct it. Not being a Karen, I get things happen, but this is clearly a manufacturer issue

4. Oct 4, 2022 at 8:32 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Do a bit of research on the JGC on the internet, JGC forums, etc to see if this a wide spread issue that affects many other owners. If the #s of owners having dash bubbling issues is small or zero it may be difficult to get Jeep/FCA/Stellantis to act upon it especially since your beyond the 3yr/36K. Post a pic of the damage as this is the first I've heard of the issue. Bubbling could have been as a result of certain cleaners, wax, food, skin oils, extreme heat etc.

Dirty Dog and JKBob 25 like this.
  5. Oct 5, 2022 at 8:04 AM
    Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    2011 & 2013 JKU Rubicon
    2011 Mago Tango JKU Rubicon - 3.25" Rough Country suspension lift. 35x12.5" Toyo Open Country on 18x9" Rockstar wheels. Vijay front and rear bumpers. Smittybilt 9500lb winch. Poison Spyder Brawler rock sliders. Smittybilt spare tire carrier. Off-road lighting. Voswitch accessory switch system. 10" Android/CarPlay touch screen headunit with Rayoo backup camera. 2013 Crush JKU Rubicon - 5" Rough Country suspension lift. 35x12.5" Toyo Open Country on 18x9" Rockstar II wheels. Vijay front and rear bumpers. Smittybilt 10,000lb winch with bluetooth remote. Poison Spyder Brawler rock sliders. Smittybilt spare tire carrier. Off-road lighting. Voswitch accessory switch system. 10" Android/CarPlay touch screen headunit with Rayoo backup camera. Bullydog GT Platinum.
    It's been a problem in the past. The NTSB has THIS to say on the subject. Posted in '19, concerning Grand Cherokees from 2011-2014. Jeep issued a TSB for the same models in December of 2019. There does not seem to be an ongoing problem. I spent about 30 minutes digging (hey, I'm retired, I have free time on my hands, and it keeps me out of trouble...) and I did not find any indication that it is a common issue, with the exception of those 2011-2014 models.
    So while it's unfortunate that this has happened, it's out of warranty, and I don't think Jeep is going to fix it for free.

LYFZGOOD and aggrex like this.
  6. Nov 17, 2023 at 11:42 AM
    Dabunting

Dabunting New Member

Member:
    I have 2018 jeep with dashboard bubbling up. Anyone have any luck getting manufacture to pay to repair it? Thanks

7. Jan 26, 2024 at 12:20 PM
    GJam2018

GJam2018 New Member

Member:
    No, but I have a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and the dash has been bubbling for over a year now. The glue came unglued and even park it in our garage. Have never used any harsh chemicals etc or leave it out in the sun. Anyone know of a solution. I am going to sell mine and need it repaired. No one wants a car with bubbling dash!

8. Feb 12, 2024 at 5:33 AM
    Dabunting

Dabunting New Member

Member:
    Chrysler is paying for the full repair of my bubbling dash on my 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee even tho they technically only had recalled the 2014 jeeps. Don't pay yourself. It's a $3,000 job.

To Top