1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Engine/drive train swap on '93 Grand Cherokee

Discussion in 'General Jeep Discussion' started by SoDaCoDa, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Jun 2, 2017 at 2:31 PM
    SoDaCoDa

SoDaCoDa [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Vehicle:
    '93 ZJ's
    I am just looking for an assessment of the difficulty doing some parts swaps from one rusted out clunker ZJ to one in much better shape with the following differences:

The donor is a 1993 Grand Cherokee Limited with a 318 V8 and the QuadraTrak option. The body is very rusted out and I hit a deer with it some years back so the front end is different color with lots of cracked plastic parts. I believe the fuel pump is out of it since it will run if I feed gas into it but the body is do poor that I don't want to bother fixing the fuel pump. The recipient vehicle is a 1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo that has a straight six in it and has to be put into 4 wheel drive, high or low, with a lever. This vehicle though has an issue where the engine is blowing oil into the air cleaner, either a hole in a piston or dropped a valve, not sure. I would like to put the V8 from the Limited into the Laredo and also use the transfer case and QuadraTrac set up. Has anyone every attempted anything of the sort? What kind of difficulties might I run into? Or, is there anyone interested in buying two 1993 ZJ's for parts? Come and get em (northeast South Dakota) and the price will be right. $350 a piece. Junkman will give me $200 each.

2. Jun 2, 2017 at 2:47 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome! Wish they had some $300 GCs around here.....two to make one hmmm

JKBob 25 likes this.
To Top