1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ground wire issue

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by Tgraham43, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Feb 6, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    Tgraham43

Tgraham43 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2004 yellow rubicon
    4.5" suspension with 2 inch body lift.
    Okay so there are three ground wires that run together right in the middle of the firewall and one of them is cut and I can't find the other end to this wire ? Is there anywhere that has a list of ground wires for a wrangler or what ?

2. Feb 9, 2017 at 3:15 AM
    ShawnCT450R

ShawnCT450R Member

Member:
    Junction City, Oregon.
    I'm looking into this for both of us. Of the 3 wires I believe you are speaking of, one is a wire and the other 2 are grounding straps??? The ground wire from that group comes up and towards the drivers side a bit, where it then feeds into the black wire bundle which runs side to side across the top/back of the engine compartment. No idea where the wire goes from there. One of the ground straps runs to the rear drivers side valve cover bolt. The other ground strap is my issue, as I found it not connected. Will be researching where it's supposed to go. Let me know which wire you are having issues with.

3. Feb 9, 2017 at 12:44 PM
    Tgraham43

Tgraham43 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2004 yellow rubicon
    4.5" suspension with 2 inch body lift.
    I know where the two ground straps go I figured that one out but I can't figure out where the third little wire goes? And did you say you didn't know where the ground straps go ?

4. Feb 10, 2017 at 10:41 AM
    ShawnCT450R

ShawnCT450R Member

Member:
    Junction City, Oregon.
    Sounds to me like you want to know where the lone wire goes once it enters the wire bundle? That I cannot answer at this time. I'm a couple weeks out from ripping the wire bundle apart. Wife wants to take it for a ride before I disable it for OCD cleanup. Coming soon though. Could you tell me where the other ground strap goes??? Thx in advance.

To Top