1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help jeep won't start

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by Jeep00wrangler, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Dec 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM
    Jeep00wrangler

Jeep00wrangler [OP] New Member

Member:
    I washed the engine now my 2000 wrangler won't start replaced the crank shaft position sensor, the cam shaft position sencor, the ECM and the coil still won't start. It cranks and is getting intermittent spark. Anyone help?

2. Dec 19, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    jeepinghillbilly

jeepinghillbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hillbilly
    WV
    Vehicle:
    99 TJ / 79 CJ5
    99 TJ locked/locked, 4" lift, 1" body lift, skids and more skids, geared 4.88s, super shorty sye, all Rockmen adjustable arms, D44 rear, D30 front, all disc brakes, AX15 manual 5 speed, waren winch, currie tie rod, a drop down tail gate and heater relays upgrade to keep my heater switch from melting lol, and lots more stuff. 79 CJ5 with 4.0 swap
    If it ran before you washed the engine why would you throw parts at it like that? You replaced the computer and such? Wow! Sounds to me like there is water some where it shouldn't be. If it happened to my jeep, I would just grab a can of WD40 and spray the inside of my distributor "U dont have one in a 2000" and if that didnt work start pulling sensor plugs and use a can of compressed air to blow dry them. Dont ever just buy parts to fix something, figure out the problem 1st.

3. Dec 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM
    Jeep00wrangler

Jeep00wrangler [OP] New Member

Member:
    That wasn't much help but thanks anyway. I did blow out all of the connection pins. And it's been 3 weeks it would have dried by now.

4. Dec 19, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    jeepinghillbilly

jeepinghillbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hillbilly
    WV
    Vehicle:
    99 TJ / 79 CJ5
    99 TJ locked/locked, 4" lift, 1" body lift, skids and more skids, geared 4.88s, super shorty sye, all Rockmen adjustable arms, D44 rear, D30 front, all disc brakes, AX15 manual 5 speed, waren winch, currie tie rod, a drop down tail gate and heater relays upgrade to keep my heater switch from melting lol, and lots more stuff. 79 CJ5 with 4.0 swap
    Sorry, I missed the part about it being 3 weeks. Also it should help. If you cannot figure out what is going on its cheaper to take it to a shop and have it fixed once rather than buying computers and coil packs and such hoping you fix the problem. Again, sorry I didnt mean to offend you. Good luck fixing your jeep.

5. Dec 20, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    Let's try not to attack someone trying to help...especially based on something not even posted.

Good luck.

chris4x4 and Bob like this.
To Top