1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hood Locking Options

Discussion in 'General Jeep Discussion' started by Rangled2023, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Dec 12, 2023 at 4:24 AM
    Rangled2023

Rangled2023 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    L.J.
    Vehicle:
    2023 JLU Sport Altitude
    Cosmetic and interior accessories
    Trying to decide which style of hood lock to possibly install on my 2023 JLU Sport Altitude. Thinking the hood latch style would be more visible to anyone wanting to get under the hood, plus there are two locks to deal with, but the the under the hood lock is hidden and is just one lock to deal with. I guess if someone wants something under the hood bad enough, and has time to pry away, they will open the hood anyways. I don't live in a "bad" area what so ever, but thinking of security when it comes time to travel. I am a retired mechanic, so installation ease has no bearing on the decision. Curious about anyone else's constructive opinions or thoughts. Thanks!

lock.jpg
    lock2.jpg

2. Dec 12, 2023 at 3:20 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    My JK has the under the hood lock by BOLT and the only annoyance is having to use the key but at least the Jeep key can be programmed for it thus no extra keys to carry. I think of these locks as deterrents to simple vandalism or at least I can tell that someone has been there.

3. Dec 25, 2023 at 2:06 PM
    JJS2

JJS2 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim (Michigan)
    Vehicle:
    2015 JKU Sport-S Anvil/Black
    Teraflex 2.5 coil lift w/Rancho RS9000s, AEV Bumpers & Tire Carrier, Air Lift bags,
    I also have the Bolt hood lock. It is good security as well as for ensuring that the hood doesn't unexpectedly open. I recommend it.

Rangled2023[OP] and aggrex like this.
To Top