1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Horn Problem

Discussion in 'Wrangler YJ (1986-1995)' started by Jeepjoc, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Aug 26, 2017 at 2:35 PM
    Jeepjoc

Jeepjoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Albertville, AL
    Vehicle:
    1995 YJ Wrangler Rio Grande
    I'm going around and fixing all those small little annoying problems on my '95 Wrangler YJ. Managed to solve the third brake light no working problem. Went on to have a look at the no working horn problem. First thing that I noticed was there was no 10 amp fuse where one belonged for the horn. Made a trip to auto parts store and bought a package of red 10 amp fuses but when I tried one out, it blew immediately. Anybody got any ideas about where to start looking for a cure?

2. Aug 26, 2017 at 5:22 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Somewhere between the fuse and the button you have a bare wire touching. Could even be in the horn itself. Does the same fuse control anything else. Route out all of those hots and make sure they are all good and not broken. Something is touching metal.

3. Aug 26, 2017 at 5:29 PM
    Jeepjoc

Jeepjoc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Albertville, AL
    Vehicle:
    1995 YJ Wrangler Rio Grande
    I agree there is a short but I just hate trying to track them down. I've got a couple of ideas to try. Would you or anyone else have a photo of the horn itself in a YJ. I'm not certain about the one on my car.

Thanks for the reply. Cheers - Jeepjoc

To Top