1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HVAC issue

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by ponty56, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jul 31, 2020 at 5:32 AM
    ponty56

ponty56 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    Ok, i got one for the HVAC gurus. 1999 4.0 single zone climate control.

Long story short i needed to replace a radiator and ended up replacing a bunch of stuff because I was already in there.

So i vacuumed the system down to 25 inches, let set for 45 min and it held. Vacuumed down again for an hour, because the system was open to atmosphere for a while. Charged on the low side with the specified 24 oz.

Here is my issue. During the time that I was charging the system I had it on vent and the ac button pushed bada bing bobs your uncle worked like a charm cold as ice. Take the jeep for a test drive to see if there are any coolant or transmission fluid leaks and on my way home ac stops.

Now it works on defrost ice cold. But the second I switch to a different zone it shuts of the led ac switch and the cluch shuts off.

Now before you say blend door I have perfect air movement in all other zones heat or ac. But it just flat out shuts the compressor clutch off.

I know these pressures arnt perfect for 86° but just for reference and like I said ice cold.

20200729_162600.jpg

To Top