1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm so confused!

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK Marketplace (2007-2017)' started by Imajeepgirl, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Nov 5, 2017 at 8:30 AM
    Imajeepgirl

Imajeepgirl [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Grand Cherokee
    Hi. So, last month I asked about the new JK body style for 2018 and received a couple of responses. It was still on the DL back then so there wasn't much information to be had.
    I read that the 2017 body style could still be ordered until March however when I requested to order a Winter package through a dealer I've been working with he first said "no problem" and then a few days later said "I just found out that you can't order the old style Jeep.You can only order the new style". WTH? :annoyed:
    Does anybody know what the real deal is? Can a person order the 2017 body style still and if so, what are the parameters and what is the timeline?
    Thanks in advance for any updated information you can provide.

Oh PS: My 2014, barely driven Grand Cherokee is for sale - Only 36,000 miles. Please find someone to buy it! ;)

2. Nov 6, 2017 at 5:33 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    The JK will still be produced for a short period along with the JL however they could have already shut down the special ordering and you will be limited to what is on the dealer lot.

3. Nov 6, 2017 at 7:55 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    I heard there was a deadline on JK orders that recently past. Now limited to whats on the lot as Prerunner said.

4. Nov 6, 2017 at 8:22 AM
    Imajeepgirl

Imajeepgirl [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Grand Cherokee
    Thanks for your replies. Maybe you'll know this: Other than the steel bumpers, the special cloth seat inserts and in the case of a Rubicon, the axel - is there any difference between the Winter package and the Sahara or Rubicon?

5. Nov 6, 2017 at 9:21 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Read this page. It tells you the upgrades for the winter edition:

https://www.jeep.com/limited-editions/2017/wrangler/winter/index.html

The rubicon gets a better T-case with 4:1 gear ratio, a dana 44 front axle, Selectable lockers front and rear, Electric sway bar disconnect. I'm sure there is other stuff I am forgetting, but None of the other jeeps come with this stuff. There are a few packages like the Call of Duty package that starts with a Rubicon base to build on, but I don't believe the Winter edition is one of them.

6. Nov 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    **Stop by a few dealers for the real deal to confirm the information already provided as things can change quickly.

**Unless something is wrong with the GC, it could be a low mileage gem.

To Top