1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Impressions on the the Tazer JL Mini programmer

Discussion in 'Gladiator (2020+)' started by Anderson, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Apr 14, 2021 at 4:20 PM
    Anderson

Anderson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    Yesterday I installed the Tazer JL Mini programmer on my Gladiator. I figured I would highlight some things I found interesting.

• The physical install is blinding simple. Removing the kick panel on the under dash is easy, as all you do is pull on the panel with your hands. No specialty tools needed.

• Definitely purchase the extension cable as it helps the reinstall still be a simplistic task. I used Velcro to attach mine in the under dash so as to not hear any rattling noises.

• READ ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST! Before you marry the programmer, make sure you fully understand the navigation as well as the marry/unmarry/reboot sequences.

• The “corrected” features include dimming the license plate lights when in reverse, so as to not over expose the back up camera, auto start/stop feature permanent correction(meaning if you want it off, push the button and it will stay off period).

• Live features remain functional as long as the programmer stays plugged in. I chose to modify a few light features that benefit me as well as the hood proximity sensor for safety reasons.

10/10 would do again.

I’ve got another dealer service coming up in about 3 weeks. I’ll update how the unmarry/remarry process works out.

2. Apr 18, 2021 at 10:40 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Ive been running the Tazer JL Mini for a few weeks now, and am exceedingly happy with it!

Anderson[OP] likes this.
To Top