1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is my TJ totaled?

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by ConnorLawrence1, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Dec 4, 2019 at 8:16 AM
    ConnorLawrence1

ConnorLawrence1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2004 wrangler rubicon
    I was recently in a crash in my ‘04 rubicon. Thankfully, no one was hurt. The airbags didn’t go off in either my vehicle nor the other vehicle involved. My insurance is reviewing the vehicle to determine if it will be a total loss. I’m worried this may be the case, but still hoping for the best. This is my daily driver and my baby. I would like some second opinions based on these photos. Even though no one will be able to get their hands on it, I’d love to hear what you can tell based on the pictures.
    https://imgur.com/a/69IouMp
    thanks for your time everyone

2. Dec 4, 2019 at 8:46 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Not seeing the pics. Try using the upload a file tab from your phone or pc. Good to hear all is well physically

3. Dec 4, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Tapping the blank pic posted took me to imgur. IMO there is extensive damage. If totalled see if you can get the jeep back as there is value in some of those Rubi parts besides the interior +top

Bob likes this.
  4. Dec 4, 2019 at 10:37 AM
    Bob

Bob Well-Known Member Moderator

Member:
    Glad no one was hurt. How bad was the car that hit you

5. Dec 4, 2019 at 10:39 AM
    ConnorLawrence1

ConnorLawrence1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2004 wrangler rubicon
    Very minor damage. Only unhinged their bumper slightly

6. Dec 11, 2019 at 7:33 PM
    Hammer12b

Hammer12b Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 JKU Willy’s, 17 Willy’s JK and a 00 TJ Sport
    2 inch lift
    Besides the hood and both quarter panels, bumper, there may be frame and engine damage that’s not seen. Depending on the mileage, it could very well be totaled. See what the cost of repair is with a reputable body shop and if its within reason, you may be able to buy back the Jeep at a very low cost for the insurance company to get rid of it. Then have it repaired. You may end up with a “Salvage “ title which could be a problem when you do end up selling it. You could be better off taking the money and buying another Jeep.

7. Dec 12, 2019 at 9:39 AM
    LYFZGOOD

LYFZGOOD members

Member:
    Wv
    Vehicle:
    1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    2.5” lift 32x11.50x15,cold air intake, Smittybuilt stainless steel Bumpers, rough county pocket flares,Rugged ridge seat covers and floor mats. Conversion LED headlights 20’ LED Light bar hardtop,soft top,bikini top.
    :boink: Paint looks good :wave:

JKBob 25, aggrex and Billy1234 like this.
  8. Dec 12, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    boondoc89

boondoc89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    Vehicle:
    08 JKU
    3 inch zone lift. Fox 2.0 shocks. 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. Bushwacker flat fenders. No name steel bumpers front and back for now.
    With my experience... if they don't total it and it gets fixed, it'll never be the same. Happened with my first vehicle. Got ran off the road by a semi and I put her in the ditch and rolled her on her side. Snapped both front wheels off and crushed the radiator into the block. Insurance didnt total it and it got "fixed". it was never the same after that. It never kept alignment and it would never lock into 4 wheel drive. Maybe it was just the shop who did the work? Maybe I just have bad luck? I guess I'll never know lol

JKBob 25 and aggrex like this.
  9. Dec 12, 2019 at 7:59 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    In most states. As long as the air bags didn't blow up. Insurance companies don't consider it totaled. Unless it cost more to repair it, than its worth. If they total and list it as Salvage. Ask to buy it from them if you think you can repair it at a reasonable price. But it will always have that "salvage" title. If your not planning to sell it. No harm, no foul.

To Top