1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues I am having

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by TommyD630, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Feb 12, 2020 at 2:47 PM
    TommyD630

TommyD630 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2013 JKU Rubicon
    Hello everyone, I haven't been on in a long time. I was hoping for some help. I picked up a 2013 JKU Rubicon in late 2016. This replaced my 2002 TJ X that I flipped. The JKU is still stock with the exception to the stereo that was changed out by a previous owner. The problems that I have ran into that I am hoping to fix myself are.

A leak that is showing up by the drivers left foot at the bottom of the door. And the same thing by the passengers right foot. Is this a hard top leaking issue, or a door seal issue?

My rear defroster where it is soldered to the window has cracked therefore does not work. Is this something that I can just resolder?

I am at 85000 miles. I have only changed the oil since I bought it. She has been my daily driver. What maintenance do I need to do/catch-up on?

2. Feb 12, 2020 at 9:12 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Have someone simulate a rain shower not monsoon while you observe for water entry. HD sells foam seals that could close up the gaps sufficiently.
    There might be a rear defroster repair kit that basically repairs the connection
    Probably a good idea to do some preventative maintenance: air filter, PS fluid, brake fluid, trans fluid and axles ETC

Products Discussed in

To Top