1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jeep rookie here looking for some advice on spacers VS lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BigHigg775, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Jul 1, 2022 at 5:46 AM
    BigHigg775

BigHigg775 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    None yet
    Hi everyone,

I'm a proud and brand new Jeep owner and I'm really enjoying everything about the Jeep community. I've been reading through some of the Forum posts and I can tell that there are some incredibly seasoned Jeep owners that are active in here and I hope that I can get some advice. Here's my situation:
    • I just purchased a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
    • I'd like to raise it 2-3" and get some larger tires
    • I go off-road very little - just the occasional fly fishing trip so I don't want to pay for performance that I won't be utilizing. I really like the way that a lifted Jeep looks but I don't want to compromise handling on the road
    • I've been researching lifts VS spacers and I'm torn as to which one is best for me
    Can anyone provide some advice or suggestions as to which option would be the best for me?

Thank you and I look forward to getting more involved in this forum and within the Jeep community.

-Patrick

2. Jul 10, 2022 at 7:28 AM
    Justanotherjeeper

Justanotherjeeper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Wrangler 2 door
    paid cash for it.
    Congratulations on being a new member of the Jeep club, @BiggHigg775 ! The question you’re asking always generates lots of differing opinions. Everyone has their own tolerance for what constitutes an acceptable suspension system. I can only offer my opinion, which I’ll acknowledge up front some will disagree with, which is ok.
    It’s always best to change the suspension out for a height and performance that you want, rather than force a stock suspension to do something it wasn’t designed to do. It will be more expensive, sure, but it will be more comfortable, and generally perform better, especially on road if your Jeep is a daily driver. I should point out that I am agnostic about using spacers as a technology. Spacers have their role, in achieving minor tweaks and calibrations to achieve level, correct lean, and in some other situations. Generally these applications require a spacer of less than 1”. In summary, spacers do not perform well as a sole means to achieve a lift, imho.

Products Discussed in

To Top