1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jeep will not stop

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by Rubi-2016, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Nov 10, 2016 at 7:57 AM
    Rubi-2016

Rubi-2016 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Palmetto Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock 2016
    I have a Jeep Wrangler 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock with an Automatic transmission. The problem can be replicated by the following:

While pressing the brake after a hard acceleration the jeep will not stop,,, (rpm hit over 2,000)
    I have to put the car into neutral in order to stop the vehicle. I was able to also replicate the problem to the service advisor at the dealer and of course they were dumbfounded.

They are currently looking into the problem and was informed of a firmware upgrade to the power train. Has anyone have this problem?

If you owned a 2016 Jeep just follow the steps above and see if it happens to you!

2. Nov 14, 2016 at 8:31 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    I know it is new but I would be looking at the Throttle Position Sensor. It can and will cause this issue if it is malfunctioning. I can't say this is YOUR issue but it IS where I would look first. My next step would be to have the dealer reflash the PCM.

3. Nov 14, 2016 at 8:31 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    ALSO....welcome to the forum!!

4. Nov 15, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    Rubi-2016

Rubi-2016 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Palmetto Bay, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock 2016
    Thanks! I will keep you posted as to what the dealer/factory is doing. Currently the factory is requesting some scan,,, I have no idea but I will recommend your suggestion!

Products Discussed in

To Top