1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jeep Wranger won’t start - HOT OIL

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by jayydav, Jun 20, 2022.

1. Jun 20, 2022 at 3:29 PM
    jayydav

jayydav [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello, I have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JK. Recently, it had started to not crank on first try. Now, it’s taking several tries before it actually cranks. The radio, A/c still comes on. Everything works, but it doesn’t start. It doesn’t click or act like it wants to start. It does nothing when the key is turned, besides turn the radio/ac on. Yesterday, I noticed “HOT OIL” come up on the dash. I checked oil level. It was fine. Temperature outside have been in the 90-100’s. I doubt that has anything to do with it. Oil has been changed. Engine coolant is good. Not running any codes. Could it be Starter Solenoid fuse? Or relay fuse?

2. Jun 21, 2022 at 10:38 AM
    tim2015jkur

tim2015jkur Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 JK Rubicon Hard Rock “The Shadow”
    4” AEV, 35” BFG KM, Rough Country stubby front bumper, 12,500 Apex winch, Iron Rock Off Road control arms and track bars, and much more
    Sounds silly, but check your battery and cables. Verify the battery can hold a load, is holding a charge. Check the battery cables for corrosion, disconnect the cables at both ends, and inspect for any bulging in the sheathing. If any corrosion is found, if it is accessible, use a stainless steel wire brush, and, again, this sounds silly, but apply corrosion preventative compound on the connection after reattaching.

Also, disconnect and reconnect the wire bundles at the computer. If there’s any surface corrosion on the pins, this will knock it off. The newer vehicles are extremely sensitive to the power and corrosion, any loss in connectivity will cause strange issues.

3. Jun 22, 2022 at 8:05 AM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    I had similar issue. Turned out to be the battery. These batteries today give you no warning. They just die.

Process of elimination. Check battery first.

aggrex likes this.
  4. Jun 22, 2022 at 10:24 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Before messing with fuses or relays give those battery cables a thorough inspection from end-to-end. 35CC8D35-A1F2-44A6-A874-B009B40649AB.jpg

JKBob 25 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top