1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lets see those write up and DIY's!!!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by chris4x4, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Aug 5, 2017 at 4:59 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 [OP] With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Hey folks! WE want to see YOUR DIY Write ups! Mods, Maintenance, tips & tricks, whatever! The more pics and details the better! We are considering giving out a prize for random write ups too :) This is one I threw together, so if you want an idea of what it could look like, here ya go!

https://www.jeeps.net/threads/3-6-pentastar-oil-change.1704/

We have a great group of folks on here, and I want to thank you guys for your contributions!

:jeep:

2. Aug 5, 2017 at 5:18 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Great idea! Perhaps these helpful DIY writeups can be organized/indexed to make searches quicker? Lifts folder? Maintenance folder? etc

jharris3, JKBob 25 and chris4x4[OP] like this.
  3. Aug 5, 2017 at 5:27 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 [OP] With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Great idea!

JKBob 25 likes this.
  4. Aug 5, 2017 at 5:59 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    http://www.billavista.com/tech/index.html

The above is one of very my favorite sites for many dyi instructions including the gears bible of which without I would never have been able to learn how to set up my own ring and pinions.

jharris3 and JKBob 25 like this.
  5. Aug 5, 2017 at 7:38 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    I like it. Awesome ideas. Forums are a dying breed with all the other so called "social media" sites out there. We need to seperate ourself from them. We need to be unique. Different. And with the members we have now, and hopefully attract more like "us". We can be a very unique site. We have as I've stated before. Some of the most knowledgeable members when it comes to not just Jeeps. But so many other areas of Jeeps, cars, and trucks. We have the potential to be the "Best" on the Web.

Just a side note. I've been a member here since March or so. I have over 600 posts. Yes....although the most should be in the BS threads. Lol. I'm a member in another site. I just hit 100 posts today. My point being. We have the potential to be an awesome site that people want to join. And not just because we have a give away. Hint....Quadratecs. Just saying.

We have a great forum going here. Hope we can keep it going. I have to much free time on my hands. :coffee:

jharris3, OFFGRID and chris4x4[OP] like this.
  6. Aug 5, 2017 at 7:57 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Wait.....then I win right off the bat. I have several DYIs posted. Lol. Best I can do now.....How to install tire deflaters. Lol.

jharris3 and chris4x4[OP] like this.
To Top