1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking for a Jeep

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Btru929, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Apr 4, 2017 at 7:59 AM
    Btru929

Btru929 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brittany
    Vehicle:
    Needs a wrangler
    Hello,
    I am brand new to everything jeep. I have been driving a mini-van for the past 3 years, doing my motherly duty with 2 new babies. However, my youngest is no longer a baby and the van feels like too much space for us. I had a convertible for years before the van, I really miss having something to take the top off of. We haul toys (motorcycles, atvs) and go to the beach a lot (Daytona in the house)- so a jeep seems like a great option for me!
    Hubby just got a new, to him, Camero zl1 so for some reason I feel like now is a greeeaat time to discuss trading in the van ;) Hashtag leverage, hashtag but you just got a new car.
    I'm checking out all the local dealerships and Carmax but I am wondering- are there any other great places to find used jeeps? Not seeing a whole lot here. I hate to take another $5k hit driving a new one off the lot like we did with the Town and Country.
    Looking for a newer 4d Wrangler in purple [swoon] or white. I'm not super picky on the style wrangler as I a basic b when it comes to Jeep needs.

2. Apr 4, 2017 at 9:01 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Welcome, For some crazy reason people are asking more for used jeeps than what you'll pay for a new JKU. Go figure. People LOVE their Jeeps. I bet you will get stuck with the Camaro.

3. Apr 4, 2017 at 9:21 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    welcome! I don't think you would take the hit with a jeep, as you did with the minivan.

4. Apr 4, 2017 at 10:37 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome! If you purchase the Wrangler new or used wisely the "hit" won't ever be as bad as regular vehicles since the Wrangler has a known reputation of retaining good resale value. Test the no-obligation appraisal for the van at CarMax so you can at least get an idea of what your options are. CarMax appraisal was 3K more than the Jeep dealer I was planning to purchase from. In fact they sent me to CarMax. Once the check was in my pocket I had a stronger hand at the next Jeep dealer. But YMMV

5. Apr 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    Btru929

Btru929 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brittany
    Vehicle:
    Needs a wrangler
    Nice! Funny you say that OFFGRID because I noticed that the prices on Carmax seemed to be higher than when I looked into ordering my dream Jeep off the Jeep website o_O
    I am glad that you are saying the hit won't be as bad since they retain their value. That is great ammo. I THINK I have him convinced to go look at our dealership this weekend. I forgot that we have to trade in the van, so dealerships are likely our best option. I'll tell him how badly I want to take out the zL1 which will put him in a great mood.
    Fingers crossed !

chris4x4 likes this.
  6. Apr 4, 2017 at 11:16 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Just one thing on the resale value. I don't think they offer a 2wd version of the 4 door Jeep (JKU) anymore, but if they do don't get it. Harder to resale because most people looking for a jeep want the 4x4. Good luck. Post pics of your new Jeep this weekend when you get it.

7. Apr 9, 2017 at 10:01 AM
    Btru929

Btru929 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brittany
    Vehicle:
    Needs a wrangler
    So..... Drove off the lot around midnight Friday night. Driving is fun again- especially since it has the upgraded speaker system :yes: 20170408_181525.jpg 20170409_113320 (1).jpg view from my home office window20170407_222504_1491620645375.jpg

Rc Jeep, chris4x4 and aggrex like this.
  8. Apr 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Wow! The new Jeep and you look great together.

9. Apr 9, 2017 at 11:14 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Nice! Congrates on the new jeep!!

To Top