1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mopar Hard tri-fold Tonneau Install

Discussion in 'Gladiator (2020+)' started by Anderson, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Apr 22, 2021 at 8:12 PM
    Anderson

Anderson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    This one doesn’t have a whole ton of information, more just anecdotal observations.

I couldn’t make up my mind on a tonneau cover. So I did what I do best, I purchased a factory unit to ensure some kind of inherent reliability and intended design.

The factory tri-fold is pretty simple in design. But, where it really shines is in its aesthetic. It’s super sleek with its minimalistic deck height. It’s almost completely flush with the factory plastic bed rails. It’s security relies upon the factory locking tailgate. No way in unless the tailgate is lowered.

I got the dealership to match an online price form discount Mopar parts. It also helped that it was the dealership that I purchased the truck from. That was helpful, as the retail is $1000.00. I saved $125 but almost paid that much in tax.

I had a hell of a time doing the install do to a key missing pair of rivnuts. En lieu I sourced some stainless fasteners from a local Lowes. It took me wayyyy too long to make my “workaround” functional. Those rivnuts are key. I should have waited to install it after those puppies arrive. But, I was impatient and installed it across the street from the dealership.

16EE4279-1FF9-495C-AB29-624AB7FD3E13.jpg

I unloaded my tool box that morning and I couldn’t get back to work until I got that tonneau installed. It took me about 3 hours to install. I have the rivnuts on order. When those get here, I’ll uninstall my temporary fasteners and get those rivnuts in there.

What a saga! So far Mopar has been hit and miss with these factory accessories. We shall see when the window visors arrive.

Quintin11 and aggrex like this.
  2. Apr 23, 2021 at 7:56 PM
    Anderson

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    102B536C-ADB5-4FFE-9329-804924EC50DB.jpg

aggrex likes this.
  3. Apr 26, 2021 at 9:20 PM
    Anderson

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    It also appears as if I’m the only one posting in the JT section of this online forum. I hope this gets more traction someday. This is a great truck to work/play with.

4. Apr 27, 2021 at 7:04 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    I don't own a JT yet but I'm following your build with interest and maybe Ms Claus will be good to me one day. I'm sure your JT activities are garnering interest in and outside of the forum as google tends to link things. Keep up the good work and keep stimulating the economy LOL

Anderson[OP] likes this.
  5. Apr 27, 2021 at 7:29 AM
    Anderson

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    I sure would love to have my economy stimulated!

aggrex[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 11, 2022 at 2:10 PM
    Quintin11

Quintin11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2021 Snazberry Pearl Gladiator Rubicon
    None yet!
    I am in the market for a hard tonneau also. I have looked at some at Quadratec and other sites, but need to get information about if they all fit over the existing factory bedliner. Thank you for your photos!

To Top