1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Suggestions for Replacement Fog Lights for New Bumper

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Blaze, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Jul 7, 2022 at 1:57 PM
    Blaze

Blaze [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Firecracker Red Wrangler Unlimited
    In January, I purchased and installed a RedRock 4x4 front bumper/bull bar with halogen fog lights for my ‘21 Wrangler Unlimited. Less than five months later, one of the fog lights fell out of the bumper, leaving only a dangling wire (AND the powder coat finish is chipping). Reps at every level of customer service and sales at online place of purchase repeated that the replacement light is no longer available, and stock no alternate replacement. Rep at RedRock 4x4 coulda cared less, was not the least bit helpful, and offered no suggestions for an alternate replacement. Apparently, the biggest issue is the mounting hardware, as the light from my original bumper is the right diameter (4¼”), but cannot be mounted without serious jury-rigging. Six-month-old, custom ride with a dangling wire from a gaping hole in a chipping bumper. Looking for suggestions for a pair of replacement fog lights (and where to purchase), preferably LED, that can be mounted properly/securely into the 4¼”d cylinder of the bumper on my ’21. TIA.

Missing Front.jpg
    Missing Back.jpg
    Intact Front.jpg
    Intact Back.jpg

2. Jul 16, 2022 at 5:39 PM
    cpttuna

cpttuna Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    earl
    Vehicle:
    XJ-98-00-01-and 01
    ss exhaust-viper coil
    It sounds like you may have to fabricate. With the hole that small, I would get a wagner seal beam #4509(100 watt aircraft landing light. I would wire it and then seal it in the hole as far back as it will go with a tube of Shoe Goo(Wal Mart $4.95). Try NAPA for the light.

3. Jul 17, 2022 at 7:32 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    IMO this should be a relatively EZ mod as the hardest parts are done, i.e.: perfect circular hole and 12V power. Lots of round LED fog lights are available (measure the diameter) and fabricate a mount similar to what was there. There is a lot of metal and room to work with behind the bumper to craft a DIY mount as LED lights are light-weight. Wide spectrum of quality and prices for LED lights from $ Amazon to brand name $$$$$ Baja Designs

JKBob 25 likes this.
To Top