1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New brake issue

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by Skyrat, May 19, 2017.

1. May 19, 2017 at 3:57 AM
    Skyrat

Skyrat [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 JKU Sahara, 2009 X
    just bought a 2009 JK. Dealer installed new rotors and pads all the way around. Silent Stop pads. I was wondering if anyone has experienced with this particular pad? They squeal every time I so much as tap the brake pedal. Dealer is in Ohio, I'm in Indiana. I took them to Midas and they confirmed that the hardware was new all around and told me that the pads were just cheaply made and if I want it to quiet down I need new pads. I don't want to spend the money on new ones if these are ok and just loud. Saving it for a new top and suspension goodies. But if they are crap pads, what is a good pad to replace it with? Should not overheat as it's mostly pavement and light trail work.

2. May 19, 2017 at 6:00 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    I stay with OEM brake pads. They usually give the best stopping and are quiet.

Skyrat[OP] likes this.
  3. May 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Try squirting some break quiet on the backs of your pads. Then reinstall them. It is like a silicon gel that absorbs the vibration that makes brakes squeal preventing them from squealing.

IMG_0223.jpg

Skyrat[OP] likes this.
  4. May 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    For future reference, my favorite pads are Wagner thermoquiets. They are ceramic pads and have very low brake dust keeping your wheels clean.

Skyrat[OP] likes this.
  5. Aug 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Just curious now that a few months has passed by, how are those pads working out? Did you end up changing to a different brand?

Products Discussed in

To Top