1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to the site, but old to Jeeps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Deeeej, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Oct 1, 2019 at 4:44 AM
    Deeeej

Deeeej [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 wrnagler sport
    4'' lift and little else
    I have loved Jeeps since I was 7 years old. The best of my youth memories involved this '77 CJ-5 Mired in a mud hole(see attachments), and my stepdad using a come-along to get us out. That said, it wasn't until I was 29 until I had my first Jeep. She was a '97 and had 155k on it and smoked... but I didn't care. I had a Jeep. I have had 7 since that one. My last one, was a 2015 Oscar Mike Edition (the Grey one attached). She was everything I ever wanted, except for the fact she was an automatic. I got her with 7,400 miles used. I traded in my Black 2015 to get it. (I am not sure about you all, but I "take" something from each of the jeeps I owned into the next one. Could be as simple as Oh Hell handles, or seat covers, with this one, I brought my wheels along.)
    In any event, I have trail road, and had Jeep mall-crawlers. No matter what the season or the reason, I really have "Jeep" in my soul. I learned that in the fall of this past year. Life, had been going thru an adjustment period, and I needed to lower expenses.. so I traded my Grey Oscar Mike for a 2016 Subaru Crosstrek (yelling may commence now).. I have hated what I did to save money.. and still found myself "jeep-waving" regardless of the wannabe I had become. It was just habit..
    Life has come full circle, I now am in a better spot, but am starting from the beginning (sort-of). I just found an '02 that is in pretty decent shape (the Red-neck Diamond plate-jeep below). It needs a few things, but my 35's from my OM will bolt on, SO I am happy about that.. I'll be leaning on a few folks in this forum as I bring her to better glory... stay tuned... FIXED PICS!! ha

Jeep1.jpg
    Jeep3.jpg

Jeep4.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    JKBob 25, Bob and JeepMafiaMama like this.
  2. Oct 1, 2019 at 5:08 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Deeeej ...sounds like fun times back then.

3. Oct 1, 2019 at 9:47 AM
    Deeeej

Deeeej [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 wrnagler sport
    4'' lift and little else
    Thank you much!! you dont see many pics from back then with Jeeps. My mom was a huge "document person" It was amazing... there was no back seat (remember when that was ok?) My stepdad actually BUILT a wooden enclosure for the cap (the previous top was smoked).. so it had all wood in the winter. was pretty crazy.

4. Oct 2, 2019 at 2:31 PM
    Jeep4Life

Jeep4Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
    Welcome from Florida! Some nice jeeps in those pics!

5. Oct 2, 2019 at 7:08 PM
    JKBob 25

JKBob 25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 JK Wrangler Sport
    Welcome to the forum.....And back to a Jeep.
    Awesome forum and peeps here. You'll have fun. Look forward to seeing you on the boards dude. :jeepwave:.

6. Oct 5, 2019 at 12:12 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome aboard!

To Top