1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NP207 leak around the speedometer cable... I think?

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Engir, May 18, 2024.

1. May 18, 2024 at 2:58 PM
    Engir

Engir [OP] 1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo

Member:
    Costa Rica
    Vehicle:
    1987 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
    none
    I have an 87 Cherokee Laredo 4.0 with the poopgeot 5-speed NP207 Transfer case the transfer case had fluid on it but only on the back I took this image on my phone and I think the area circled where the speedometer is connected is the issue it does not look right and the leak or fluid pattern makes me think it is coming from that area can someone confirm that is not correct and if someone has a suggestion I have not found a YouTube on the NP207 for this area of the transfer case what it should look like if there a seal in there any information would be helpful.

The speedometer is working. I purchased the Jeep about three months ago now and have been going through it lots to do to make it reliable. I did have to replace the speedometer cable but not the gear so I am not sure if that is how it should be but to me it does not look right, it looks as if someone was in there and did not put it back together properly?

upload_2024-5-18_15-54-11.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2024
To Top