1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oil leak

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by skyhookman, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Nov 1, 2020 at 5:45 PM
    skyhookman

skyhookman [OP] Active Member

Member:
    southeast. ky
    Vehicle:
    2010 Wrangler sport unlimited, silver 4 door, hardtop
    I have a 2010, 4door wrangler, 3.8 six, standard trans. oil leaking from engine at back bottom, some where around the upper pan and bell housing. can't determine whether it is the pan gasket or rear crank shaft seal. leaks more when parked on an up hill incline. any body have this problem before. Would like to get some possibilities, before tearing it apart.

2. Nov 7, 2020 at 12:14 PM
    skyhookman

Member:
    southeast. ky
    Vehicle:
    since I didn't get any hits, let me tell you. jerked the bottom half of the clutch housing. what I'd fine. some one had hit the rear corner of the upper pan and lower pan. then they tried to weld the aluminum upper while still on the motor. threw about two tubes of rtv on it. I bought a combo pan set, and installed it no oil leaks today. got my doubts about some people who claim to be able to work on autos, and say they know how to weld.

3. Nov 7, 2020 at 3:00 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Good job! Sometimes you just got to get in there to see what prior repairs were done before the Jeep became yours. Too bad you didn’t post some pics of your good work.

skyhookman[OP] likes this.
  4. Nov 24, 2020 at 7:01 AM
    skyhookman

Member:
    southeast. ky
    Vehicle:
    posted some pics of my oil pan, old pan and new pan. you can see the broken out bolt hole and where they tried to weld while still oily and on engine. this mistake was cover up by lower half of bell housing. It wouldn.t show leak until it was left on an incline, then it was a sieve. took my time and replaced with, both upper and lower pans. $240, fix but worth it.

5. Nov 24, 2020 at 7:36 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Awesome repair. The personal satisfaction meter must be glowing and rightfully so.

Products Discussed in

To Top