1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PCM Issues?

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by Jsheldon81, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Jan 14, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    Jsheldon81

Jsheldon81 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Cherokee Sport
    Basic cut out and sealed fenders for bigger tires, custom builthe front and rear bumpers
    Alright so I had some melting wire issues on my tailights that I repaired last night and I also just put a new battery in the car. Now when the key is on I'm hearing a buzzing/humming sound from my pcm. All lighting works now and I don't have any running or starting issues or engine light with the jeep it's just making this sound which has me kinda worried. Any thoughts? Is this normal?

2. Jan 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    Not normal but I don't know what, if anything, it means for the long term. Silly question: Are you sure the noise is from the PCM or might it be from one of the relays?

3. Jan 15, 2017 at 8:31 AM
    Jsheldon81

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Cherokee Sport
    Basic cut out and sealed fenders for bigger tires, custom builthe front and rear bumpers
    I will double check but I was feeling around when it was buzzing and it's definitely coming from right there

4. Jan 15, 2017 at 8:45 AM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    It is just a shot in the dark anyway. I've got no "good" ideas on this. lol :)

5. Jan 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM
    Jsheldon81

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Cherokee Sport
    Yah that's definitely where it's coming from. I'm stumped, hopefully it doesn't fry itself

To Top