1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Plastic Hood guard

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by tomrr, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Mar 11, 2021 at 11:19 AM
    tomrr

tomrr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Vehicle:
    2012 Wrangler JK
    Does any know how get a Plastic Hood guard off the hood with doing any paint damageBushwacker-14013-TrailArmor-Bug-Guard-Tailgate-Protector-Jeep-Wrangler-JK.jpg

2. Mar 11, 2021 at 6:09 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Good question as some of the products like goop-off might be too aggressive on paint. Goo Gone claims to be safe for clear coat paint. If in doubt test on a different area. WD40 might do the trick and it won't affect the paint

tomrr[OP] and LYFZGOOD like this.
  3. Mar 21, 2021 at 7:12 AM
    Justanotherjeeper

Justanotherjeeper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Wrangler 2 door
    paid cash for it.
    My 2011 came with one of these attached when I bought it last fall. It looked like it had been installed by the dealer early on in the Jeep’s life, right after a rock chip happened on the edge of the hood. It was the first thing I took off, lol. I prefer the look of a minor rock chip on a 10 year old Jeep, to a piece of plastic junk. My jeep is a red one too - Flame red. The part came right off, as it was only held in by three sheet metal screws on the underside of the hood. I cleaned up the area with detailer, and buffed up the paint with fine rubbing compound and it looks like it was never on there.
    As for the rear edging, warm it up with a heat gun, peel it off, and clean it with brake cleaner or goo be gone.

Products Discussed in

To Top