1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pricing my Jeep to sell??

Discussion in 'Other Jeep Vehicles' started by Dwadam1978, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Aug 24, 2017 at 10:22 AM
    Dwadam1978

Dwadam1978 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dwaine
    Vehicle:
    89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    Front diff locker Original everything 5 1/2" Body and shackles lift 33" tires
    Hey fellow Jeepers!
    I am looking to sell my 89 Grand Wagoneer. It needs a lot of work. The body, frame and drivetrain or in descent shape. It has a 5 1/2" lift, ez locker in front diff, aftermarket manual hubs with automatic engage switch and all original everything else. The interior needs help. Fully loaded for that year. Power everything. Basically I am asking what a good asking price would be. It has only 170 k on the motor but visually needs work. The fuel system also needs attentoon. I started it up not too long ago.

2. Aug 24, 2017 at 10:39 AM
    Bob

Bob Well-Known Member Moderator

Member:
    Have you checked out what other 89 Wagoneers are going for on eBay motors and autotrader?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    chris4x4 likes this.
  3. Aug 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome! I like all Jeeps but you might be hard pressed to get an honest $500 on the '89 GW on a dealer trade-in. Big issues like the interior, motor, fuel systems and non-OEM 4WD system could raise alarms to most buyers looking for more than a parts car or project. There may be residual value for the body, frame and drivetrain but things could be better if the GW was registered, tagged and inspected. Post some pics for more appreciation of the better aspects of the '89 GW that might attract a forum member that could use the '89 GW as is. Sorry for the harshness but its just my opinion.

4. Aug 24, 2017 at 11:34 AM
    Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    93 XJ 2 door
    $3500, hard to tell without looking at it Those aren't real common anymore and with lift, locker and low miles maybe a bit more.

5. Aug 24, 2017 at 3:36 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Low mileage and in stock form with excellent interior and exterior can draw over $20k. With your mileage and as you state the need for a lot of work, I believe you would be doing good to get $1500-2200. You can always ask for more hope for the best and see if you get any bites. When posting like on Craigslist for example. Post lots of pics so that they can see its shape. Talk up the key selling points. Omit the negative. Be truthful on any questions they ask. Thats how I roll.

JKBob 25 and Rc Jeep like this.
To Top