1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ready to Join the Jeep Community in 2022

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mom43boys, May 31, 2022.

1. May 31, 2022 at 9:59 AM
    mom43boys

mom43boys [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dawn
    Hello. I have been wanting a convertible or jeep as my new ride. I have finally decided on the jeep Rubicon. Heading to the dealership to order this week. Anything I should DEFINITELY add to my "need" list? Anything to put on the "don't bother" list? Thanks!

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  2. May 31, 2022 at 8:16 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Mostly a personal decision and what your plans are for the Jeep. IMO the main options I considered was 2dr vs 4dr, manual vs auto and hard top vs soft. For example the capabilities of the Rubi might not be cost-effective for a street/road bound Wrangler if they won't be used or turned on. Regardless it should be a good exciting purchase for you. Keep us up to date with some pics of what you decide on.

3. Jun 1, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    MTgeezer

MTgeezer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    55 CJ 3B
    441 sbc/AGEM22W/"Super"D18/D44s-ARBs-Dutchman
    2X. If the Jeep isn't going to see any real trail use, there is no need for the Rubicon hood decals. All that will do is cost you 2 to 3 mpg for the life of the vehicle. If you are going to off road it and can afford the 3.0, it is absolutely the best engine for that. I find the 3.6 and the 6 speed manual really sucks in the rock. Actually, I find the 3.6 sucks at most stuff. On or off road.

To Top