1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear sway bar on tj

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by bob.net, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dec 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM
    bob.net

bob.net [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    Vehicle:
    1999 tj sahra
    body lifr
    I took off my rear sway bar because the links and bushings were shot. I still haven't removed the long links that attach to the frame. I could use some advise for this removal as to every bolt has broken or had to be ground off.

2. Dec 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    Welcome to the site. Not sure I am any help but remember that several liberal applications of a good penetrant such as Liquid Wrench can help loosen those bolts.

3. Dec 16, 2016 at 1:57 PM
    jeepinghillbilly

jeepinghillbilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hillbilly
    WV
    Vehicle:
    99 TJ / 79 CJ5
    99 TJ locked/locked, 4" lift, 1" body lift, skids and more skids, geared 4.88s, super shorty sye, all Rockmen adjustable arms, D44 rear, D30 front, all disc brakes, AX15 manual 5 speed, waren winch, currie tie rod, a drop down tail gate and heater relays upgrade to keep my heater switch from melting lol, and lots more stuff. 79 CJ5 with 4.0 swap
    Old thread I know, but if you still need advice on this..... Not sure what you mean by "long links" to the frame? I have a 99 tj and there is the sway bar link frame to axle then you have the lower control arms from axle to frame. Are you talking about the lower control arms? Not sure if you have fixed this, but i had one seized like this and I put a loong handle crescent on the inside nut and braced it against the ground and then used a 1/2 breaker bar with a cheater pipe on the bolt head and broke it loose. Be sure to buy a new grade #8 bolt and nut to replace it with. And anti seize is your friend.

jharris3 likes this.
To Top