1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remote Mystery

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by Nated0323, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Oct 10, 2021 at 12:31 PM
    Nated0323

Nated0323 [OP] Member

Member:
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    Last week I noticed my remote wasn’t Locking/unlocking my doors. Then I realized none of the passenger controls would work on the drivers side (windows,locks,mirror). Checked for a broken wire in the doors and found one on the passenger side broke. I reconnected it and everything came back to life except the remote. I changed the batteries just to be sure it wasn’t a coincidence. Now I have to use the key to unlock the drivers side door then hit the button to unlock the rest, it’s becoming a real pain. I find it hard to believe that the remote could have shit the bed right at the exact same time that the wire broke. So before I go and order a new remote I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance

2. Oct 11, 2021 at 5:42 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    The horror, not a pushbutton world, your doomed .
    Anyway -
    FYI:
    System is RKE (Remote Keyless Entry)
    passenger side door module (PDM) is the master.
    try the other key fob.
    Might be worth a try - 'reset' BCM - remove IOD fuse count to 10 reinstall fuse. Akin to restarting your computer.
    Check for codes- a scanner is always preferred, it Might be 'B' or 'U' series codes.

3. Oct 11, 2021 at 12:03 PM
    Nated0323

Nated0323 [OP] Member

Member:
    I know I’m complaining about having to use a key to unlock the doors…. The reason it’s a such a pain is because the drivers door is the only one with a key hole. I was only given one key and one remote when I bought the jeep a couple years ago and I’ve been lucky enough to not lose this one. I will try the fuse, sounds like I could possibly have some luck with that

4. Oct 11, 2021 at 12:25 PM
    Awrench

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    All in jest.

Something seams so 'cheap' with only a single door having a key lock.
    I strongly suggest you look into getting keys made and programed, a lock smith should be able to do likely less expensive than dealer. Make a deal - pick the time.

If 'reset works let us know

5. Oct 15, 2021 at 4:11 PM
    Nated0323

Nated0323 [OP] Member

Member:
    I checked a few fuses and put them back in, none fixed the problem. I thought fuse numbers 7 or 22 would be the one but not positive. If anyone knows for sure which fuse Awrench is talking about I’d appreciate the help. Also I’m not getting new keys and remotes programmed because it’s an old vehicle and they aren’t cheap. I’m going to get a new remote now and try it, but I don’t think this one is bad. I’m thinking it has to do with the broken wire in the passenger door, possibly another broken wire that I didn’t see that would affect the rke. Thanks

6. Oct 18, 2021 at 5:19 AM
    Awrench

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    HOPE IT WORKS-

WJ  IOD FUSE.jpg

To Top