1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rhino line

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by lyndaro, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Mar 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM
    lyndaro

lyndaro [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynda
    Vehicle:
    97 TJ
    None yet
    I want to get the inside of my 97 TJ rhino lined, but when i was pulling up the carpet I noticed a warning sticker saying 'carpet was installed to protect floor against high pan temperatures...'
    As long as I am getting a quality job done there should be no problem right?

2. Mar 15, 2017 at 4:51 PM
    GrizzliAtoms

GrizzliAtoms New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 4.0L Wrangler TJ Sport
    31 x 10.5 Wrangler Tires, KC Daylighters mounted to hood (disconnected a.o. 3/2017)
    Wouldn't see why not. I removed my carpets because of sand wear and tear around 5 years ago and the heat doesn't seem very significant even when getting close to the fire-wall. Because of application temperature tolerances, though, I would apply it within range and let it set properly before letting it heat up. I have never measured the actual temp down there, but I think it is safe to say that it doesn't go far above 110-115 by touch.

3. Mar 15, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    UrbanCowboy

UrbanCowboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Scottsdale AZ
    Vehicle:
    2002 Wrangler... Hulk
    Suspension: 3 1/2" Rubicon Express Super Flex SL, 1" BL, Brown Dog MML, D44/D30 with Chromoly axle shafts, SYE, Teraflex belly up pan, Adams Drive Shafts, Currie heavy duty front end (inner and outer tie rods and draglink), Fox Racing 2.0 Performance Shocks with remote reservoir, 4.56 gears, ARB air lockers front and rear, ARB twin compressor, 37x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Mickey Thompson Classics Motor: K&N cone filter and Flowmaster Delta 40 Muffler Body: Stout Fabrication Body Armor (all 4 corners), steel flat fenders (enlarged inner aluminum fenders front and 4" flare rear), Quadratec LED Stealth headlights, Pro Comp light bar with 5 6" HID Lamps, Round LED brake and reverse lights, custom front and rear bumpers, custom tire carrier with Hi-Lift mount, rock sliders, CJ style dropdown tailgate, Warn 9.5 Ti Winch, Rigid Industries metal hood latches, Buggywhips LED light whip, Baja Designs Squadron Pro-R amber wide cornering lights, Interior: Corbeau Baja Racing Seats front and rear with 4 point harnesses. Full custom roll cage, LED dome lights, CB radio, ApolloIntech switch system Audio: 2 10" JL W3v2's in a custom bedlined (waterproof) box, Kenwood 600w amp, 2 Kicker 6.5" marine speakers in waterproof SSV Works cans for rear speakers, 2 4x6 Pioneer front speakers, Axios 400w mini 4 channel amp, JL 500w mono amp, Kenwood head unit
    You should be fine. I've seen a number of TJ's YJ's and CJ's rhino lined and all have looked fine. I'm bare floor right now and am planning on going that route as well.

GrizzliAtoms likes this.
  4. Mar 15, 2017 at 10:14 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    I believe they mean protecting your bare feet from hot temps while you go topless at the beach. Look into lizard skin. I've never used it but know guys who have and it's pretty cool. They have 2 coats. One for insulation and one for protection like the rhino liner. Both can be applied.

5. Mar 16, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    sandog

sandog New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronnie
    Vehicle:
    Rubicon Hard Rock
    I would recommend Raptor Lining. The mixture and hold content is a lot better. We lined over 500 aircraft flooring on base without any issues.

To Top