1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shifting into 4x4

Discussion in 'Wrangler JL (2018+)' started by shooter65, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Aug 27, 2023 at 4:09 AM
    shooter65

shooter65 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest PA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Rubicon 4 Door
    Good Morning,

Since we bought our 2023 Rubicon 2 months ago, I've added a couple accessories but mostly my time has been spent on getting my 69 Sport Fury ready for transport to the new owner and getting my "new" 67 Coronet in from Calgary so the Jeep has mostly been an occasional daily driver.

I started going though some things this weekend preparing to install the Baxter Performance cartridge to spin on oil filter adapter https://www.baxterperformanceusa.co...t-ms-201-bk-cartridge-to-spin-on-adapter.html, and realized that it's extremely difficult to shift into 4x4. I'm going to take it to the dealer as this will be warrantied but I like to know what the likely cause(s) could be so when they try to bullshit me, I can tell them they're wrong.

Has anyone had this issue with a JL? BTW, we only have about 950 miles on the Jeep.

Thanks

2. Aug 27, 2023 at 6:50 AM
    shooter65

Member:
    Southwest PA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Rubicon 4 Door
    The only problem appears to be that I wasn't letting it warm up before trying to shift into 4 wheel drive the first time and being stiff the first time I shifted the 4WD shifter through the TC gears. I drove it up the road to a gravel lot and then it shifted into 4WD pretty easily. I then went through all the 4x4 options to insure they're all working. It was, again a little tough to get it into 4L the first time but working in and out, now it seems to be working well.

3. Aug 27, 2023 at 7:07 AM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    My JK shifter was a bit tight/notchy when new but things have loosened up after repeated usage and now shifts into and out of 4WD / 4LO without issue

LYFZGOOD and shooter65[OP] like this.
  4. Aug 27, 2023 at 7:19 AM
    shooter65

Member:
    Southwest PA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Rubicon 4 Door
    Thanks @aggrex, always helpful as usual. :cheers:

aggrex and LYFZGOOD like this.
To Top