1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Son's 04 Wrangler Unlimited

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mkniss4, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Aug 22, 2016 at 1:17 PM
    Mkniss4

Mkniss4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MikeyK
    Vehicle:
    04 Wrangler Unlimited
    Hi just purchased a Wrangler for my son in the Savannah area. Trying to help him help himself to do his own work. Problem is I'm new to the Jeep off roading world myself, I do have some knowledge but figure this forum would be the best way for him and I to learn more about the proper way to repair and fix it up. Great father / son project. Thanks for having me.

2. Aug 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM
    Bob

Bob Well-Known Member Moderator

Member:
    Welcome to the site! What do you and your boy have planned for it coming up?

3. Aug 22, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine Moderator

Member:
    Welcome!

4. Aug 22, 2016 at 5:31 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    Welcome to the site. As you are about to discover, Jeeps, and more specifically Wranglers, have the largest number of parts and modifications available of any car/truck/suv make. Choosing what is right for you and your son will be the tough part. Just take it slow and you may find, as so many of us have, that JEEP is a lifestyle and is as addictive as anything. lol

bostonbilly likes this.
  5. Aug 26, 2016 at 8:59 AM
    Mkniss4

Mkniss4 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MikeyK
    Vehicle:
    04 Wrangler Unlimited
    We put on new rotors, brakes, studs, tires, charged AC, battery and greased it. Put bed liner on floor boards. The next thing I want to do is change wheel bearings and parking brake assembly and replace soft top. Where is the best place to take axles to have bearings pressed on also to order soft top? We're in Savannah GA but can order soft top online.

6. Aug 26, 2016 at 2:00 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,

I am a long way from GA so my opinion is not worth much. (although I need a good night on the wharf with some good Irish music.) However, Yelp has a business that really stands out from the others there. These folks have 52 reviews (which is many times what the others have) and folks seem real happy with them. Might be worth checking them out. https://www.yelp.com/biz/integrity-auto-repair-savannah-2

Mkniss4[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
To Top