1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stalling out

Discussion in 'Cherokee' started by DGK, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Mar 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM
    DGK

DGK [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1995 Grand Cherokee Orvis
    1995 5.2L g.c. starts almost always when engine is cold but, after 10 drive it stalls out when at idle (light, stop sign, etc.) and won't start again until I wait 10 - 15 mins. I've left it at two different Jeep, Chyrsler dealers (3 days each) and even doing diagnostics, etc., etc., they can't figure it out either. Anyone that's experienced this dilemma PLEASE let me know what you think.
    BTW. The fuel pump is obviously working and I filled up with high test gas and put new fuel filter on. Thanks in advance for any relative insight.
    Don

2. Mar 23, 2017 at 9:34 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Are you getting any codes. Sounds like a sensor; cam, crank, temp, tps, etc. When your jeep is warming up its sensors are bypassed. Once it reaches operating temperature it switches to the sensors and if they are malfunctioning it will stall etc. Theyre are some good write-ups on some Comanches, Wranglers, Cherokees, and GCs having similar issues in this forum.

3. Mar 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    I think there is a way to test sensors, because I have seen it mentioned before, but I have never done it and I don't know how.

To Top