1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sye output shaft oil seal

Discussion in 'Wrangler TJ (1996-2006)' started by Spmurphy67, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Mar 8, 2017 at 6:14 PM
    Spmurphy67

Spmurphy67 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Vehicle:
    99 wrangler sport
    4 inch lift, sye,
    I'm trying to find a new rear output shaft seal on my 99 tj the problem im having is it has a hack and tap and no one can seem to find a seal that fits the factory tail housing and the diameter of the flange. So if there is anyone out there in the jeep community that might have some ideas where I can locate somthing I will be in your debt.

2. Mar 9, 2017 at 8:41 AM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    You are saying that you have SYE and you cannot find the correct seal. If you know the brand of the kit you could call them and order the seal. Do you have any markings or numbers stamped on the New SYE casing. This would help figure out who made it.

I'm sure you have, but I have to ask. Have you tried the factory slip yoke seal. That is what mine uses on my NP208.

Most of the SYE kits for the NP231 are made my Advanced adapters and are badged under another company i.e. Pro-comp, Rugged ridge, etc.

3. Mar 9, 2017 at 7:03 PM
    Spmurphy67

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Vehicle:
    99 wrangler sport
    4 inch lift, sye,
    Yep it has an sye and I believe it's a flange from rubicon express I called rubicon and they said it was the factory seal but that info was incorrect, I'm kinda at a loss. I do know that the work was done to the jeep originally in 1999-2000 .im just so mad that I lost the seal that came out,

4. Mar 9, 2017 at 9:41 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    Rubicon express is owned by transamerican. Which is the same company that owns Pro comp. Advanced adapters makes Pro comps SYE kits for them so I'd bet that Advanced adapters makes Rubicon express's kit also (they are both the same just packaged in different boxes). You might give Advanced adapter a call and see what seal they use.

5. Mar 14, 2017 at 5:26 PM
    Spmurphy67

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    Vehicle:
    99 wrangler sport
    4 inch lift, sye,
    Right on thanks for the info I'll give that ashot sombody got to make this damb seal

To Top