1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Traction and abs light 2016 wrangler

Discussion in 'Wrangler JK (2007-2017)' started by Jeepgurl91, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mar 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM
    Jeepgurl91

Jeepgurl91 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hope
    Vehicle:
    2016 blue wrangler sport
    so my abs light and traction control light is on. No check engine light no codes are popping I have ran a computer on it. Randomly in first and if I start in second gear it acts like the Jeep is trying to catch traction and the traction light will blink then the abs and traction light stays on. I don’t know what to do

2. Mar 14, 2019 at 5:19 PM
    boondoc89

boondoc89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    alex
    Vehicle:
    08 JKU
    3 inch zone lift. Fox 2.0 shocks. 35 inch nitto ridge grapplers. Bushwacker flat fenders. No name steel bumpers front and back for now.
    The computer posted no codes at all?? Maybe unhook the battery completely and then touch the ends of the cables together a couple times and wait a few minutes. Then reconnect the battery. That will force your computer to reset. If that doesnt fix it the only thing I can think of is a wheel speed sensor is going bad and setting off your abs.

@Awrench whatcha got on this

3. Mar 14, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    Jeepgurl91

Member:
    First Name:
    Hope
    Vehicle:
    2016 blue wrangler sport
    The no codes is what threw me for a loop to I’ll try the battery tomorrow thank you

4. Mar 14, 2019 at 5:28 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Welcome @Jeepgurl91 ! Pro quality scanner should have revealed which wheel speed sensor was defective if that was the issue. Backing up a bit anything to share such as recent suspension work (drag link) or off-road adventures that may have affected the wheel sensors, cables etc.

5. Mar 14, 2019 at 5:31 PM
    Jeepgurl91

Member:
    First Name:
    Hope
    Vehicle:
    2016 blue wrangler sport
    So I used a scanner at o Reilly’s and advanced and neither one of those did anything. No there’s been no work done to it it’s just as it was when I drove it off the lot.

6. Mar 15, 2019 at 12:14 AM
    Rc Jeep

Rc Jeep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '16 Rubicon
    Evo mfg front coil overs Evo mfg rear coil overs Jks drag link flip Je reel 1310 front & rear driveshafts 37" Nitto trail grapplers 17x9 atx slabs Evo mfg quarter pounder w/stinger Evo mfg rear fascia w/ d ring mounts
    Is the steering wheel In correct position or is the alignment off enough that the steering wheel is turned while going straight?

I have had this Christmas tree many times from the alignment being off so much that the wheel sensor thinks I’m turning when I am not.

aggrex likes this.
  7. Mar 15, 2019 at 7:30 AM
    Awrench

Awrench Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    3 jeeps
    As the gang says this will need a professional style scanner, the codes for the ESP, ABS, Traction control are nested in a different module (computer). The key trick as we all know is LACKING esp with the multitude of modules (computers) in todays jeeps.

And yes something as simple as alignment will throw the system into a frenzy. Might want to visit your friendly jeep dealer as alot jeep specific issues with the complex system.

aggrex likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top