1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Traded the 2021 Rubicon in…

Discussion in 'Gladiator (2020+)' started by Anderson, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Aug 25, 2021 at 10:07 PM
    Anderson

Anderson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    That JT Rubicon’s engine had some noise issues and the several different dealerships that I sent it to for service all couldn’t replicate the issue(even after being supplied with several videos of the noise). So, I traded it in for a 2021 JTDR! Same truck, but with a different drivetrain and a few more options that mine didn’t come with. I really should have just waited for the diesel in the first place.

Now I’m happy. But, I have to start over with all the mods. Seriously, I went in to the parts department for hood insulator clips and left with an entirely different truck. They gave me 5k over what I paid for the gas engine truck. It was essentially a wash. Plus, now I don’t have to worry about an engine with valve train clatter.

I don’t know where I’ll put the new dashcam as there is a huge sensor array behind the rear view mirror now. I’ll crack that egg later. Plus, now that I’ve had a shade top on the truck before, I know I want another one, but I am hoping to find something a bit better fitting than the last one I chose.

I’ll pick up another BAMF bumper after Expo West is over and I’ve got to order tires again. I still plan on 315/75R17 Goodyear Duratracs. This time around I’ll probably go all Baja Designs for the lighting. I’ll pop on an SPod as my new truck didn’t come equipped with an accessory switch panel.

I don’t have any pictures due to a seriously hectic work schedule. I’ll post some later. The new truck has the textured black hardtop instead of the body color. I like the black top better.

aggrex likes this.
  2. Aug 25, 2021 at 10:10 PM
    Anderson

Anderson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Vehicle:
    2021 Gladiator Rubicon
    TR00PR2
    Also, I have a Z Automotive front camera kit for sale now. I never installed it on the last truck and this new one has it equipped factory, so I don’t need this aftermarket one. New, in box. Opened the box to inspect it.

$150 plus shipping.

A0B5578E-AA00-4B0D-931C-C2E40AD1EA50.jpg F25D4214-9AFF-4B56-A324-FD4CBD7BBE9E.jpg 6A18B2A9-10CC-4E89-B0C5-C5D2E201F5D8.jpg 13E94912-C65F-4CCB-8CC7-CA34095697F9.jpg

aggrex likes this.
To Top