1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Transfer case shifter issues

Discussion in 'Wrangler YJ (1986-1995)' started by Fedrebuild, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Dec 8, 2016 at 4:22 AM
    Fedrebuild

Fedrebuild [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1994 wrangler
    I bought a 94 wrangler 6 cylinder manual transmission. It came in pieces. The trans was halfwayapart it needed a new clutch. It had a new transfer case already installed so I put the clutch in get it running and find out I had shifting issues with the transfer case. I went on to YouTube and saw that the previous owner put the shifter on upside down. So I switched everything over thinking everything is done and now it wont shift can anybody help me with this thank you

2. Dec 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM
    C2T

C2T Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Helena, Montana
    Vehicle:
    Jeep
    2.5" AEV Dual Sport lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Black Rock Wheels, AEV Front & Rear Bumpers with Tire Carrier, Fuel Caddy 10 gal. Aux. fuel tank, Warn 9.5ti, 125' synthetic winch line, front axle skid, 20" LED light bar , Bilstein Shocks, steel steering skidplate,
    Welcome to the site. just to be sure...You do realize that the transfer case often will not shift without a little bit of movement of the rig?? Not much...but a little. Just a thought.

To Top