1. Welcome to Jeeps.net!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Jeep discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Jeep owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WJ value

Discussion in 'Grand Cherokee' started by M2Kgriff, May 10, 2017.

1. May 10, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    M2Kgriff

M2Kgriff [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2001 jeep GC
    Looking into purchasing a 2001 grand Cherokee 4x4. It's a roller which is what Im looking for but don't know what it's worth with no engine. The guy says it's a relatively clean vehicle body wise and the interior is supposed to be like new. Says new axles and hubs in the front and new breaks all around. trans is new I'll assume new used. Engine was pulled and disposed of so that's gone. What price would be fair for a clean jeep with no engine. I don't want to offer too much if it's not worth it and i'dk what value jeeps hold in what condition.

2. May 10, 2017 at 3:41 PM
    aggrex

aggrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    DE
    Vehicle:
    Backcountry '16
    Tuffy>AEV>TTO>JW>STech>EVOcage>MagnaFlow>SpiderTrax>RockHard>TF>SpringTail>67design>Bolt>GPCA>Curt>
    Assuming the body is in good condition with no accident history or major rust issues that could be a nice project if you want to put the time and investment into an engine. Not too many vehicles are investments but Jeeps tend to hold their value and sell well. Drop a V8 in that badboy and it could be a fun all-weather rig. The average person cannot nor will not deal with this roller so the pool for competitive buyers could be in your favor.

JKBob 25 likes this.
  3. May 10, 2017 at 4:02 PM
    OFFGRID

OFFGRID Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    1979 Jeep CJ7, 258, TH350, NP208
    Howell fuel injection, header, HEI distributor, TH350, NP208, SOA lift with YJ springs in the front & GW springs in the Rear. AMC20 with G2 1 piece chromos trussed, Dana 30 with G2 chromos and 760x ujoints and MM Stainless Hubs, Geared 4.56. Tom Woods shafts, Metal cloaks, Caged, 37" Toyo MTs.
    If it had a motor you might pay 3000 for it. A motor will probably cost more than that. It should be free. I would not pay more than 900 for it. I never trust anything about what people say is rebuilt or new. Your idea of a rebuild is probably much different than my idea of a rebuild. It will make an excellent trail rig for sure.

JKBob 25 likes this.
To Top